Saturday, April 11, 2015

Name That Sunset

I was scouring my brain for a writing subject and decided to do something fun: I gathered some sunset photos I've taken over the years and see if anyone recognizes where they are from. I also thought this was a good illustration of varying degrees of sunsets. The natural differences certainly distinguish one from another, not only by location, but time of year and how early/late during the sunset phase the photo was taken.

They were shot with digital cameras, mobile phones, and even 35mm. I compressed most of the file sizes by a large margin and most of my color adjustments didn't register on the upload (not sure why) so don't judge too harshly on quality.


a.


b.

c.

d.



e.

f.

g.

h.

i.

j.

k.

l.

m.





Keep

Scrolling

For

The

Answers




a. Spokane Valley outside out home
b. Moscow ID I think the white speck in the middle is a planet
c. Oregon Coast
d. Moorea, Tahiti, French Polynesia 35mm. Color is really off on this one Hmpf! 
e. Jacksonville FL taken from a moving vehicle
f. Wanapum Dam WA on the Columbia River
g. Spokane Valley in our backyard
h. Whitefish MT
i. Sprague Lake WA
j. Waikiki Beach, Oahu, HI
k. Mississippi, again the color quality is messed up on the grass
l. Ozarks MO
m. Seattle Waterfront

It's easy to get caught up in the beauty of the setting sun and simply watch in appreciation of nature. Afterall, it happens every single night, but grab your camera once in awhile. Maybe even start your own collection. 

How many did you guess correctly?









No comments:

Post a Comment