Friday, April 13, 2018

My Kid, the Artwork Winner

I have something else in mind for a blog entry, but I don't have it ready. Perhaps it would help if I start typing it. Hehe.

To satisfy your thirst for words this week, I will share a tidbit: Gia* won the local Girl Scout camp T-shirt design contest. It won't be the exact image, but the T-shirt printer will use it as inspiration for the final graphic. She drew a picture of turtles using their teamwork skills to sell Girl Scout cookies. She also wrote the word "Teamwork" at the top with a turtle in place of the letter "O." I know you're wondering why I don't just upload a photo. Well, time ran off with my critical thinking brain cells and by the time time brought them back, we had already submitted her artwork. So until I can get her artwork and/or final product returned to me, use your imagination. However, I guarantee her Teamwork Turtles were totally terrific.

Gia was informed of her win during her last Girl Scout meeting. Somehow, her winning the actual contest didn't compute so she didn't inform mom and dad. (I heard about it later from the Girl Scout leader.) When I picked up Gia after school the following day, I asked her why she failed to mention that she won the Girl Scout camp T-shirt design contest.

Gives me funny look. "What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about the fact that you won the contest you entered."

Momentary pause as it sinks in.

"Wait. I won?!"

"Ye--"

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

That would be the high-pitch teeny-bopper scream of delight.

"I finally won something! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

Now she has her hand over her face like Macaualy Culkin from Home Alone. The face squeezing and shrieks continue for about the next minute and sixteen seconds or so. (I know, I know, I should've thought to record this.) After she finished, I'm fairly certain my hearing shrank by half a decibel; there was residual ringing for the remainder of the afternoon.

Anyway, you get the gist she was pretty excited. She has entered various contests but hasn't won. I suppose we should work on her listening and comprehension skills since they weren't in place at the meeting when she was informed. Hopefully, she didn't lose any hearing capabilities during her celebratory teeny-bopper screaming.


*I change names on here, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment